Update about blogCa

Saturday, April 27, 2019

A bit of a rant...

If you are a football fan, I hope you have a bit of understanding that the world does not revolve around that sport...nor baseball, nor basketball.
They are entertainment.

They are not my choice of entertainment.  If you can understand that many people like to watch regular shows on TV, and don't want the infringement of a non-favorite uninteresting show that bumps their favorites...can you grasp that concept?

Why would a major network put the choices of players for football teams, not even a game, on instead of Jeopardy?

It has happened before, and I thought it was a decision of a local station.  Now it seems it was the network all across the country.

Why would I be upset about this?

Jeopardy has been having 16 straight winning games by one young man, that's why.  He's won over a million dollars, and I've watched all but one of the shows.  It's amazing.

And tonight the picks of players for the NFL was on, while the Jeopardy show was happening. (I know it's taped, and I may get it on YouTube TV tomorrow.)  I am just astounded.  And I could always wake up again at 2:30 am in the morning to see the same show.  The last time that it was bumped was during the championships...the final night even.  This is a show that is enduring, and has millions of fans.

And now that Alex Trebek has pancreatic cancer, I want to see as many shows as I can while he is healthy enough to do them.


2 comments:

  1. So I got the recorded version when I woke up. It wasn't the same, but I could skip the commercials. I'm reminded how petty this sounds in the greater scheme of life and death. Sorry about that, in case you're one of the many people with more serious things on your mind. But I hope you get a laugh that this was the most serious thing to happen in my last 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do watch evening TV and I found myself irritated as well that they were preempting regular programming with sports programming - i.e. the NFL draft of all things. They do that a lot with golf, and March Madness basketball. I forget that sports for many is their religion, that as a culture we worship sports and sports figures who are paid millions. That's what's sad really. Maybe if we withheld their paychecks and didn't go to their games the focus would change - although I highly doubt it. People who can't afford the "necessities" of life pay $100's for tickets to go see them. That I can't figure out... oh well... Life is really just a game show anyway LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.