Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! My opinions and interests shared here.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Wednesday rant about DST

With daylight savings time CHANGE this last weekend, as usual my sleep patterns lag behind the hours.



"At night our fear is strong... but in the morning, in the light, we find our courage again."
MALALA YOUSAFZAI
I'm grateful that I have not had the dealings that Malala Yousafzai has had to face in her young life living with the Taliban. My nighttime battles have been mainly with the changes of aging, allergies, sleep apnea and a C-PAP machine, bladder retention, neighborhood noises of apartment living (and a train nearby that I'm almost used to) and bronchial problems which lead to coughing, oh, and not to forget anxieties which come out of nowhere and give me thought racing.

So I'm feeling under-rested and somewhat looking forward to today's activities. In a few more minutes, after a relaxing hot shower and soothing breathing exercises, I'll be ready to face the laundromat, the vacuum, the preps for clay work and friends visiting to watch a movie together, and I will know that this is a good day.  Even if the clock is skewed silly, it's spring in the mountains.  The sun came up again (at it's appointed time!) and there are no clouds (sort of hazy though) in the sky.

I will try to remember my mantra which I used to say upon waking "It's another day given to me in this lifetime."




1 comment:

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.