Update about blogCa

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Hearing the traffic

The other day I walked in a park nearby, but was amazed how loud the traffic was.  I've walked there in summertime, and I guess the leaves on trees must muffle it.  That day, Feb. 28, there were no leaves.  And lots of traffic.


It was due to rain more that afternoon, but was dry before noon, so I watched the semis go their way (see white box through trees.) I admit I was jealous of the runner who jogged by me with earbuds in his ears, listening to a much nicer song, and I hadn't even heard him coming up behind me.

The Interstate 40 is to the left as I looked back at the parking lot.  That's near the ball fields, which probably will see action soon as the warmer weather comes.

There are actually 3 choices of path to follow, and I liked this little children's tracking sign.

In the past I've gone down to the right under the interstate to the community gardens.

The walk goes through one tunnel under the highway, and the Swannanoa River goes through several others.

I chose to walk up the straight path toward downtown Black Mountain, going over the walkway bridge.

A well forested area, but these trees looked different, and what did that sign say?

I guess the dirt path off through the woods went towards some college land with some athletic fields.  I didn't go that way.  This is not in Montreat, but Montreat College has a Black Mountain campus now.

I went up the steep hill, rested my panting lungs, then turned around and went back.

 There wasn't much evidence that spring was coming soon...just a few buds on some tree, might be redbud?

The river had flooded in the past, leaving all that sand on the right, but it was pretty calm and clear today...before the next rain!

1 comment:

  1. A lovely walk there. It must be beautiful in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.