Update about blogCa

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A son and family

Your children have their own lives, intertwined but still going in different directions eventually.  Hey son, they are living with you (your 3 daughters) for just a moment in their lives, and then they'll be gone.  Hey mom (my daughter-in-law) you can only hold them for so long, then they will listen to their own inner voices.

I was so happy to have a brief visit with them this evening (Tues.) as they whizzed past on their way from one place to another.  I'm not the destination in their lives. But fortunately I'm near lots of interstates, and can go from my home to where their route is going.  We have a meal every year or so that way.

I wish they had had time to come to my house.  It sits here empty except for a few friends who drop in.  No kids that just know the door is always open for them.  That was not the case even my own life with my own grandmothers.  We were removed, kept separate...so something that wasn't approved of wouldn't infect us.  OK, that's a bit extreme.







My children who are parents, are very responsible, and care a lot for their little ones who are almost all grown, like these 3, or are all the way grown up but still living at home like my other 3 grands.  The youngest of my grands will turn 12 in a couple of weeks.

I admit that I didn't take parenting as seriously as these men (my sons) are...but then maybe it's a male thing.  I know I felt a real disaster as a mother many times.  And then I had the gall to be a single parent and take all kinds of responsibilities that I wasn't at all prepared for.  No wonder things turned out the way they did. And it might have been part of why they are such good parents!

However, each of my 3 sons are grown, and in relationships, and seem to be living pretty happy lives.  So no matter what the quality of their parenting may have been, they've turned out fine.  I love them so much, and am so proud of each of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.