Update about blogCa

Monday, December 31, 2018

Meeting obligations, minimal

The newsletter editing job is now mine...for the church.  And our last editor helped me put everything together after church today...after we found out the new password.

Before church I stopped off at the Red House (Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League) to pick up the angels which hadn't sold during their Christmas show.  I was glad the larger ones had sold, and I just had a few small pieces to bring home.  It was also fun to see several women I knew who were touring the display.

After our hour or so editing the newsletter, I picked up fast food, and came home.  Nothing much to grab my interest...I felt tired, hungry and wanted to sleep...which was my next activity for the day.  The head cold is still taking a lot of my attention.

The house is slipping further and further into disarray.  Somehow I can go out and do what's expected of me, but when I'm home, I just lie around (or sit around).

TV, Netflix, books, facebook, blogs...anything that just is simple and somewhat interesting.

I like that other facebook friends post things that I agree with, so I share them, and then others of my friends can like them, or sometimes comment on them.  This is a minimal form of communication.  The really neat part is when I get to see pictures of my family who live hundreds of miles away, doing something fun. I save the photos.

I do need to go grocery shopping.  So that will be top of the list for Mon.  And pick up a prescription at my local pharmacy.

Can I tell you a secret? (There are very few people who read this, so I guess I feel an intimate sharing is somehow ok.) I make myself take a shower almost every day.  When I do, I feel so much better.  My aching muscles all are warmed and relaxed.  I get on clean clothes, and add the old to the pile that's growing.  So far I've been able to haul the dirty clothes over to the laundromat...and spend about an hour watching them go round in washer and then drier.

I'm going to do some serious meditating on all my gifts that are waiting to be sent to my family members.  I used to think about them in the middle of the night, but I don't any more.  I was afraid that no matter how I wrapped the ceramic pieces, they would break.  I'm almost ready to not even send them to them.  I have other things that are more packing friendly!


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.