Update about blogCa

Monday, December 3, 2018

Finally putting my feet up!

What a day...
unloaded the pots, went to a harp concert, moved my furniture changed around to include a new shelving unit, which will help a lot... (thanks, Russ)
just watched the Concert for George Harrison on PBS, how very lovely.

Just checked the stats on my various blogs...oh la la.  Some 10,000 on one, 2000 on one, only a few less on another.  A couple of these were posted to Facebook.

That's what happens when I post my blog to FB.  I think I may not do it any more.  And I removed the blog that triggered all those hits.  Sorry son, your engagement was interesting to too many strangers!

I do have some control, only about when comments are posted...so I'm moderating my comments again.  But how do I keep all those counts from coming into my blog, which aren't real people but what I call hackers.  They don't care a whit about me or my blog.  And maybe they aren't even just hits, but trying to get my information.  I don't know.  I worry about it.

Any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a successful weekend selling your pottery!
    I asked my husband about all those hits you got on the blog post you posted to FB. He said it was probably "Bots". How strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a great fun weekend. Glad to learn about bots, which I looked up on Wikipedia. I tried using comment moderation, but bogger is SO SLOW to bring anything up that way, I'm back on open commenting (at least on the current blog.) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.