Update about blogCa

Friday, February 16, 2024

The Dunning Kruger Effect

 You have probably heard of this, where someone is so stupid, they think they're very smart. 


For more information on the actual testing which gave the effects scientifically.


If you want to skip this, I'd just mention that most of us think we're above average drivers. That's a bit impossible, since say 75% think they are above average...which is scientifically impossible, since 50% is average! Here joke tellers are measured.


Today's quote:

"Writing saved me from the sin and inconvenience of violence." Alice Walker, author.



9 comments:

  1. ...Trump and Maga suffer from Dunning Kruger Effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me stop and wonder at my own intelligence. Well, perhaps in some endeavors I've moved into a mythical belief state...like wishing for peace on earth!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Tom above! A driver today has to drive defensively, there are some crazy drivers out there.
    Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there are so many folks that I consider to be "on speed" who veer in and out of traffic that's just going 70 mph on the interstate.

      Delete
  3. Being stupid is like being dead. You don't know that you are dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting concept...I wonder if these are zombies!

      Delete
  4. Barbara, Very interesting but given today's politics and divisions, we have plenty of proof with people believing what is easy or convenient for them to believe. Some of the 'smartest' people I know (book learning) are some of the dumbest people I know. Hyper ego is a true sign of dumb! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sad we don't have the data volume to watch the videos here! And yes, some drivers I really wonder how they even made it out of bed, let alone into the car! Certainly they are not like me, the best driver in..... hahahaha!!!
    De facto since I can work from home I have no car no more and I do not miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, I have always enjoyed John Cleese's sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.