Update about blogCa

Friday, February 9, 2024

Fuschia or magenta, bright pinkish purple?

 




May I introduce my new Kalanchoe plant...(also in the header for a while)

I've not been feeling top of my world lately. Which means cutting back on studio time. It is easier to be at home when coughing a lot, and fighting a cold coming on perhaps. I am also having pain in my hands which doesn't get better by working in cold clay. Maybe arthritis. What part of me is working perfectly well? Mmm, that requires some thought. I've been told I have excellent kidney function!


And I found myself saving someone else's photo of digitalis. Interesting also in the purple/pink shades!

Sharing with Floral Friday Fotos




Today's quote:

We may honor some traits from our parents, while rejecting others and becoming our own person.

12 comments:

  1. ...colors are an amazing part of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have a Kalanchoe in a small pot. Sue has kept it for year, and it keeps growing, but it doesn't produce flowers.

    And I am reminded that I grew Foxgloves for a year or three at our previous residence. That was about two decades or more past. I don't think they did all that well in our sunny garden, but I may be misremembering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have lots of Kalanchoes with red-orange flowers...which grew out along a stem kind of, rather than in a little bunch like these. But they all caught the white fly fungus which so many of my plants caught a few years ago. I have tried bleaching all my pottery planters, but missed a couple...so still have fungus among us!

      Delete
  3. Look after yourself. Enjoy your beautiful plant. Stick your aching hands in a bowl of warm dry lentils, always works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm dry lentils sounds delightful for hands. I was given the hot wax treatment a few weeks back, but at that time my hands hadn't starting having this pain, so it didn't relieve anything.

      Delete
  4. Hi Barbara, Hope that you're feeling better soon! Hard to have fun when in pain or suffering with a cold. As for the colors, I do struggle with the differences. I collect stamps and sometimes I wonder just how many variations on red, pink, magenta, etc. there are! Color charts don't even match up! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. a colleague has a big kalanchoe in our office and it just starts blossoming with pink flowers. they call our office "botanical garden". hope your hands get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, hope you will be resting and feeling better soon. The flowers are lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're doing better already. That foxglove (I think that's what its called) is gorgeous.
    I visited you via FFF663 - SACRED LOTUS
    My link: 12. I hope you will join us weekly at Wed-Sat at #WordlessWednesday (words welcome) https:// esmesalon . com / tag / - hope to see you there

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.