Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 4, 2024

In the studio again

 



My fellow clay artists were willing to be included in my selfie to prove I'm really back in the studio again.

I had difficulty finding parking. It was Saturday afternoon, and the small parking lots nearby were full. But fortunately I knew the bank up the hill would be closed, and it's parking lot is available on weekends.

Walking down the hill was easy enough. But I did take several stops on the way up (one with the camera pointed at something I'll share later) to catch my breath.

 What am I working on? Well a ruin of a castle tower, small, and a tree. And sometime next week I'll start on a dragon which will be part of this threesome. That's the plan anyway.

I've got a small amount of clay which my friend Cathy gave me, and she returned my two favorite tools which I'd given her when I quit three years ago, and she was still making pottery. Right now she's dealing with shoulder rotator cuff problems. So she's not making any pottery.

Got home and was glad to have a snickerdoodle cookie waiting for me, with some diet rootbeer. I was a tired and happy little potter.

Today's quote:

The little I know, I owe to my ignorance. -Sacha Guitry, actor, director, screenwriter, and playwright (1885-1957)

12 comments:

  1. It's good to get hands back on clay❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back in the studio. Will there be any butterflies in the future? Suzi/Smartcat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan on painting with glazes again...the limitations of my fingers is what I had to accept when making this step. Shakes.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I am glad to hear you are a happy potter again! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...now, my life is about catching my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done this! What fun... You are a mover and, um, shaper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s wonderful! Good for you! I’m sorry to hear about the parking though.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.