Update about blogCa

Monday, July 18, 2022

Monday murals

"It is now highly feasible to take care of everybody on Earth at a higher standard of living than any have ever known. It no longer has to be you or me. Selfishness is unnecessary. War is obsolete.  

"It is a matter of converting the high technology from weaponry to livingry.

 - R. Buckminster Fuller, Critical Path, 1981


Our Black Mountain Center for the Arts building has been given some artistic murals.

The brilliant blue is on the ground floor.

Even going around a corner! I love that feature!


The top floor, where the galleries are, has some butterflies against a possible sky blue.

I didn't stop on that visit to see the middle floor, so will capture it for you sometime in the future!

Linking to Monday Murals


21 comments:

  1. I heard Bucky in person once. Not sure if I understood too much of his talk. I do remember him saying that forgetting is a good thing, for it helps you to make generalizations. At least that it what I remember, and I have worked hard at forgetting ever since. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made an answer about going to see him earlier this morning (answer) but it is now way down in the comments. Oh well. Good idea man!

      Delete
  2. ...these are great and who doesn't love Monarchs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the murals, my favorite is the last one with the Monarch butterflies. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...your comment was among the hidden ones, but I finally found it!

      Delete
  4. You do see some beautiful murals there. Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still finding hidden comments and ok-ing them to publish. Glad to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. I drove from Tallahassee FL to Atlanta GA to hear him speak once. It was outstanding, but of course a lot of what he said (oh those run-on sentences!) was over my head in terminology. But I did love both Operation Spaceship Earth and Critical Path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those murals are beautiful, very nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful murals! Especially love the butterflies. By the way, I found your blog on New Dharma Bums. - Tara, http://my86000sec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara...I just read the post on your blog today.

      Delete
  8. So gorgeous! I too love those butterflies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely murals with the funky flowers and the realistic monarchs. Such different designs, but all are great.

    I always admired Buckminster Fuller. I always associate him with his famous Bucky Balls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both beautiful, my favourite being the one with the butterflies. Thanks for joining Monday murals Barbara. Hope to see you again 😊

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.