Update about blogCa

Sunday, September 12, 2021

By any other name...

 

At a drive-through. since nobody was behind me, I took a moment to get where I could stop and smell the roses. Also known as take a photo or two with the phone.


But these modern roses never have any scent, anyway. They are sweet anyway.


Today's quotes:

President Obama said, "Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11."


When we dumb ourselves down, we sell ourselves short and lose an opportunity to shed light where it is needed.

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The roses are pretty, I wonder why they do not have a scent. Great Obama quote, there was a spirit of unity after 9/11.
    Have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being hardy enough to live through various rose diseases probably meant the biologists making decisions about newer roses didn't include the scent. So almost all newer roses don't have scent. Getting heirloom roses means a better chance at scents...or so I've been told.

      Delete
  2. ...today's roses were bred for disease resistance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red roses and blue skies, a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And back into the 80s...so it's good to hide inside during the heat of the day.

      Delete
  4. There is a sinuous hedge of pink roses in my local park and I noticed yesterday that they DO have the most delicious scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great...they must be heirloom roses. I think at one point in my lifetime I found climbing roses still had great scents.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful roses! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.