Update about blogCa

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Flowers

 

A huge hydrangea bush at a friend's house...


Even as they fade and autumn arrives, I think they are beautiful.

Yes, she got another grocery story bouquet for this week!

Today's quote:

The Buddhist attitude is to take care of anger.
We don't suppress it.
We don't run away from it.
We just breathe and hold our anger
in our arms with utmost tenderness....
Then the anger is no longer alone,
it is with your mindfulness.
Anger is like a closed flower in the morning.
As the sun shines on the flower, 
the flower will bloom,
because the sunlight penetrated deep into the flower.
 
Mindfulness is like that.
 If you keep breathing...
mindfulness particles will infiltrate the anger.
When sunshine penetrates a flower, the flower cannot resist.
It is bound to open itself and reveal its heart to the sun.
If you keep breathing on your anger,
shining your compassion and understanding on it,
your anger will soon crack and you will be
able to look into its depths and see its roots. 
 
 
~ Thich Nhat Hanh


8 comments:

  1. Hydrangea is one of those flower names that I can never remember - it's not an advancing years thing, it's been with me for the whole of my life. Despite that I can still admire their blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    What a lovely bouquet and the hydrangea is beautiful.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...flowers make a day special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful bouquet of flowers reminds me that I should go out and cut some flowers and make a bouquet here. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hydrangeas although I don't have one myself. My mom has a couple and they are huge! (hers are purple and blue, or sometimes pink) I love flowers and now wonder why I don't occasionally buy myself a bouquet. I've been doing pick up lately, so that's part of the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hydrangeas. I plan to purchase three once the fence is down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, they are pretty even at this stage.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.