Update about blogCa

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Birthday blooms

 

Cathy gave me this bush laden with buds for my birthday (at lunch last week!)


The new gardenia has a place of honor on the corner of the porch, where the most sun will shine on her.  The old gardenia bush in is in the foreground, and shows that fertilizer does make for healthy leaves. 

And within a week (actually Sunday 8/29) there are all these flowers starting to open!


So one delightful bloom came inside to give me whiffs of her scent at my desk. I am enjoying both the outside ones and the inside one this way!

Today's quote:

There is nobody else like you in the world and this is worth celebrating, rather than searching for faults.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And now I'm lusting after a gardenia bush of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel rich in gardenia bushes. Need to go shop for a new pot for the new lady. For when she stops blooming and before frost comes in a couple of months.

      Delete
  2. Lovely flowers, such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always amazed how Cathy gives me such wonderful gifts! She just has some kind of special ability!

      Delete
  3. THat's a cute pot in the last photo. Is that one that you made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yes...I've still got lots of those little guys, which are good for one blossom at a time.

      Delete
  4. ...a gardenia is a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers and the scent of gardenia is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start showing some different flowers, but I admit to being in love with the gardenias. And my sniffer is behaving now (in spite of ragweed) and I can actually smell the gardenias.

      Delete
  6. What a nice present to receive. I hope there'll be many more blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You have a green thumb.

    My Mother's favorite flower was gardenia as my Father gave her one as a corsage on one of their first dates. I've never had luck growing them in my zone both in NY and CO.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.