Update about blogCa

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Back at the lake

 

Last Friday I actually went to Lakeview Center and took part in a chair yoga class. It was a beautiful day too! This was my last photo (thanks Blogger, for once again turning the series around for me)


All my other photos have these wires, which I didn't really notice while I was taking them. Sorry about that. I don't claim to be a pro.


The North Carolina flag still has the date of our declaration of independence, which was sometime before 1776.


Yes, the end of summer growth is definitely scraggly.

And a special memory which I had forgotten...Sept. 11.2001

"On this day, 20 years ago, a tiny town in Newfoundland took in 6,700 airline passengers stranded during September 11th.
The town of Gander, Newfoundland, has six traffic lights and a population of less than thirteen thousand. They opened their homes and hearts to complete strangers, in their most painful hour.
It's what Canada does."

Thank you!

Today's quote:

Where I come from, the words most highly valued are those spoken from the heart, unpremeditated and unrehearsed.

LESLIE MARMON SILKO

14 comments:

  1. The lake looks as attractive as ever; I wouldn't worry too much about the wires. A couple of posts ago I was debating with myself as to which order to put the photographs on the blog. In the end I decided to upload them all in one go and let Blogger sort it out - you guessed it, for once they appeared in the order I had taken them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do a bit of cut/paste when blogger gets obvious start and finish photos out of order. Sometimes I don't. Yes, it's a lovely lake.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Lovely views of the lake. I watched a news report recently, reminding about the town and people in Newfoundland taking in the strangers stranded on 9/11. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the good news is still being repeated, along with all the awful things. Have a great new week.

      Delete
  3. Wires. Sometimes I notice them and try to avoid them. Sometimes I clone them out. Sometimes I just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do look to you for guidance...and like the last of your choices!

      Delete
  4. It's hard not photograph the wires these days. They're mostly everywhere. Love the views there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I guess when I capture wires, I can just say so.

      Delete
  5. I usually don't like wires but I don't worry about it these days, I try to miss them when I'm taking a photo. Nice view of the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and maybe I'll figure out how to edit them out eventually!

      Delete
  6. The story about Gander is one of the nice memories from that terrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty lake! When I move pictures in blogger, I do it from the HTML screen. Otherwise, trying to pull pictures around results in broken links.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.