Update about blogCa

Monday, December 2, 2019

Clean dog and pretty stairs

My son has cooked (mostly his doing, but with family help) a turkey, but look here, another animal in his arms!  After a muddy walk, Cody really needed a bath...and so Russ turned into a dog-washer. Here he is drying the little Pomeranian.

 Where did the breed Pomeranian develop? I'm glad you asked, because I asked a few days ago, and now I found out.
 Wikipedia says:

The Pomeranian is a breed of dog of the Spitz type that is named for the Pomerania region in north-west Poland and north-east Germany in Central Europe. Classed as a toy dog breed because of its small size, the Pomeranian is descended from the larger Spitz-type dogs, specifically the German Spitz.
And this was another skill that the man-of-the-house showed me...twining swags of greenery along the banister - which had some golden shiny bows added after I went to bed last night.  Here it is in the morning light!




I'll probably be joining all the other people on the highway Mon...am at least waiting till some of them go back to work/school. I've heard many of us have traipsed from city to city this year, and there's snow predicted tonight some places on my way home.

10 comments:

  1. ...driving is tough today here with snow coming down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made it to Lexington for a break and a good night's sleep. No snow on the road. And Tues no snow coming down, though I saw a little on taller ridges of the mountains. Whew! Happily safe at home now!

      Delete
  2. Hello, love the cute doggie photo. It reminds me of ET in the movie. We had a raining Sunday and more this morning. Not much snow here. Pretty decorations. Have a happy day, wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I had a dry 2 days travel home, and had no bad weather, thank goodness.

      Delete
  3. My aunt and uncle had Pomeranians for many years. Actually they worked for a couple who entered the dogs into shows and my aunt used to be given the ones that for one reason or another were not show dogs. You remind me of the decorations which have been safely stowed in the loft for eleven months. Every year I used to resent having to put up the decorations that my mother insisted upon, but when she died a couple of years back I couldn't bring myself to throw them out and now I put them up in my own house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear about the Pomeranians...hope they were somewhat trained...Cody will go outside, and expects a treat when he comes in, but has no commands he follows. He's got 4 girls who love to cuddle him, and that's his talent. That's great that you've got decorations to carry forward your Mom's memory.

      Delete
  4. Cody's thinking, 'come on, I can dry off naturally. There is no such thing as wet dog smell, humans.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how clean wet dogs still smell like wet dogs! After he was almost dry, Cody proceded to roll on the door mat to reinstate as much dog scent as he could!!

      Delete
  5. Cute dog! The greenery looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The decorations look good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.