Update about blogCa

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Nearby beauty

It may be grey and damp outside, but my windowsill had lots of succulent greenery to break the monotony.  I say "had" because I just moved these plants into the living room.  Hope they survive a week without watering while I'm trekking off to visit family.

Frost on the windshield had leaf-like patterns one morning this week.

 Some Christmas decorations that I drove by.

 You either get the lights as a blur and  can see the tree...or

You get to focus on the lights which float in the air. Such is camera on a phone.

8 comments:

  1. ...the frost is a beautiful gift of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too...and since I couldn't go anywhere until it melted, I took a photo!

      Delete
  2. I love frost on the windshield, the prettiest part of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember frost on the inside of windows back when I lived in St. Louis...and had great respect for Jack Frost (in the 50s.)

      Delete
  3. I am sure that your plants will survive. It is so important to have a little greenery in the house. As for frost, at times it really is nature's jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see the patterns of frost on glass, though I wasn't so keen on it when it used to be on the inside of the bedroom windows when I was a child - no central heating or double glazing then. Enjoy your Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got in trouble as a kid, blowing on cold windows and making pictures with my fingers...my mom didn't want to clean up my mess.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.