Update about blogCa

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Wreaths for each grave

 I don't know if I have anyone I knew or am related to in this Veterans' Cemetery in Black Mountain NC. But I saw a photo of a convoy of semi trucks full of wreaths to be placed on veterans' graves. So I wanted to see them following my appointment across the street.







 I don't know why some graves have stones, and some have flat stones, and even some have little metal markers.


 But even the flat stone grave markers each had a wreath placed next to it.


 It's sobering to see so many men and women's graves who served in our military forces.

5 comments:

  1. ...we have a nearby Veterans Cemetery and they are lucky to be able to cut the grass, a nice reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute to place a wreath on everyone's grave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tribute those wreaths on the graves. It is a true kindness to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a very peaceful place for a cemetery.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.