Update about blogCa

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Dawn and first 10 minutes walking in Santa Fe

 I pulled into a parking lot at Whole Foods to capture these mountains north of town...sun rays were unintended.


 I followed a couple of people going to work a bit late at 8 am...to this building, the State capital.


 At 8:20 it's easy to find a place to park, and walking in the cool morning (DRY) air was easy.

 Across from the St. Francis was a nicely designed hotel and parking garage. (Later we had dinner the next day there...oh my yummy!)




This prayer doesn't say she's Mary, but as "Mother of Life" that might be a good guess.

 It was nice to pause and enjoy the flowers.

 A nice blend of stone types were used in the building.

 But it looks like some windows have been removed and stone put in their places.

 I forgot to go see if this was another St. Francis.


 A Native American saint with dark skin, I had to see if she was a dark Madonna.

 Kateri Tekakwitha, the first Indian of North America to be promoted to Saint.


 The Labyrinth didn't show well with the sun and shadows.

 Saint Kateri looked down the road.

 The Museum of Contemporary Native Arts was directly across the street.

 As I went down these steps the loud bells rang out that it was 15 minutes past the hour. I jumped a bit.

The Basilica means that this is served by a Bishop, or maybe an Archbishop, I think.

 On the other side of the entrance was this statue...

 So he hasn't been around for a while.

The residence for whoever is in charge of the Basilica.

Today's Quote:
Willing to experience aloneness, I discover connection everywhere; Turning to face my fear, I meet the warrior who lives within.
Jennifer Welwood



3 comments:

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.