Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Friday, August 30, 2024

Catching up from the month


Not my photo of the Aurora (nor do I know which bridge this is.)
Sharing with Skywatch Friday





A wood puzzle of a dragon book-reader with iridescent tiles.


This is the most important message I can share to individuals who can at least grow a few flowers to provide pollen to our bees. Without the bees many of our crops would not be fertilized, and then no more almonds, oranges, peaches, etc.


Sharing with Saturday's Critters



 A shame at the DNC convention last Wed. night a man used a Biden sign to hit a woman over the head who was demonstrating to stop the fighting in Gaza. Since it was caught by many cameras, it's likely he will be charged with assault.

It would really be great if Biden did something about this before handing things off to Harris.


I'm hoping these are real poppies, next to a real beach, rather than AI. But I admit they aren't known to grow on sandy beaches. I'll enjoy them, however they got there!




Today's Quote:

Like yin and yang, spirituality and physicality are two sides of creating genuine well-being.

10 comments:

  1. I sincerely hope that hitting someone over the head is still regarded as assault in this rapidly declining world. The rapid way in which offenders in our recent street-brawls (I refuse to call them protests) were dealt with sent an immediate message to would-be rioters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult for the peace-keepers always to deal with those who have differences of opinions and want to speak out. Yes, there are laws, but often police (at least in America) seem to have their own unwritten code of conduct, which includes racism and brutality towards seemingly innocent people. At least that's what makes the news.

      Delete
  2. ...the bridge appears to be the Gold Gate Bridge.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1008973400584306&id=100044149673331&set=a.795986018549713

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turtle shells are works of art, very different and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Bill's comment. Love those turtle shells!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been heartened to see many honeybees working our Autumn Joy sedum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poppies are my fav flowers and bees gave me strawberries my Mom (and I) stole 1974 from the woods.
    To cirtters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Barb,
    What a great collection of critters and images. I love the turtle shells. The aurora and bridge image is lovely. The poppies are pretty! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a wonderful weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poppies are gorgeous! What a beautiful surprise. I love those turtle shells too!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.