Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Monday, August 5, 2024

Another rain garden

   Next to the Pottery Studio in Black Mountain (part of the Center for the Arts) is a big rain garden.

I love these new hibiscus flowers with their tiny stems just pouring out a huge flower!



This was taken when there was a soft rain, in between a couple of "gully washer" storms. And then the sun came back out last Monday afternoon.

-------------------

Personal note: I am not taking part in the studio at this time. I've just had too many things backing up in my personal life from being sick...and the slow recovery that doesn't let me do everything I want to. So I do hope to keep going to the Tailgate Market each Saturday to maybe sell a few pots. We shall see how that goes as summer continues.


Today's quote:
There is a perceptible energetic shift that takes place when we choose to see the good in all.


11 comments:

  1. ...our rain gardens have dried up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually didn't get any rain yesterday. I'm waiting till tonight before watering the plants, a chore I've been happy to leave to Mama Nature!

      Delete
    2. ...she does the best job!

      Delete
  2. The little arch with the hibiscus and coneflowers looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going back to see an arch. But whoever you may be, welcome.

      Delete
  3. Patch darn it — me AC. I wonder how long I am been posting anonymously from my ipad? I didn’t realize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a rain garden until now! It is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For places with lots of steep inclines, there's a good opportunity for flooding downstream. These are to help with that, as well as keep the chemicals from cars in the parking lot from going into the watershed.

      Delete
  5. The rain garden is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has to deal with a lot of chemicals from clay and glazes that are washed into if from the clay studio. We'll see how long these pretty plants last.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.