Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Breakfast with friends

  

Open Oven is a locally owned bakery on Church St. just off  State Sreet in Black Mountain. 

At  9:30 am the other morning it was comfortable to sit outside to eat our breakfast goodies.  



We enjoyed chatting together, since we'd been busy with various illnesses and family things for weeks. Our conversation was interrupted by the nearby Methodist Church's quarter hour chimes. But at 11 I went over to the Lakeview Center to try to do a few exercises in Sit-R-Cise. I quit about halfway through. But felt pretty good about it.

Lunch was pork roast, sweet potato, biscuit and spinach greens. I brought home the baked sweet potato to warm up for another meal later in the week.

--------------------------
Summary of the Tailgate Sales Aug. 3: I sold the biggest bowl and a small mug. Genevieve sold earrings and one of her rice cushions for hot/cold compresses. Amelia had no sales. For all the work of setting up tent, tables, pottery...someone asked did we make enough sales? Nope. It's the experience of seeing the rest of the community there. At least for me. I did spend a half hour in the air conditioned car, but it never got above the 70s this morning, very comfortable! I just started to cough, so decided that a time out would help. It did!

Sunday morning Note: After a night of coughing about every half hour, I'm awake and ready to greet the day.

Today's quote:

Peace, like most beautiful things, begins small.

COMMON PRAYER: A LITURGY FOR ORDINARY RADICALS


17 comments:

  1. Breakfast together al fresco.. can't fault that!
    Yes, sometimes you get more socially than financially at some markets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy my waffle and bacon, while another friend had hers with veggie sausage, and the other friend had a raspberry poptart.

      Delete
  2. ...9:30 is mighty late for me to have breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd had my first cup of coffee at home. Sometimes I skip breakfast because it's gotten so close to lunch time!

      Delete
  3. Barb, you ask excellent questions. I updated my post!
    2SLGBTQ+
    2 spirited, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer+

    Some First Nations, as well as others, have always recognized their Two Spirit people. People are using a contemporary term for those who identify with a 3rd gender social role in their communities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. Two Spirited does sound like an interesting kind of person.

      Delete
  4. Breakfast on the patio sounds great to me. You may recall that we have sometimes visited a restaurant with a patio by the river. Once the weather cools, I’d like to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got lost somewhere, last I read was that you were getting tested for all sorts for that damned cough
    Your breakfast sounds like a full meal deal! More like Easter dinner..
    What did they find? Coughing is SO exhausting - I empathize! My friend coughed for years and the cause was never found. Anyway- I have gone through about a zillion packages of p pads because of covid cough that just will not go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Bronchiectasis, a kind of COPD where I often cough up mucous, at least I try to. I've got all these machines to help me do so, saline solution and albuterol nebulizer treatments, and even a vest which shakes my whole upper body. Breakfast was the waffle. Lunch was a few hours later, after doing some exercises!

      Delete
  6. The tailgate market sounds like a fine experience--and making a few sales is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day, though a bit tiring for me. I'm paying for it today, being very low energy.

      Delete
  7. Breakfast with friends sounds like a great way to begin the day. Congrats on selling a few items. Hope you continue to feel better. Have a wonderful day/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good day or two is always worth while! Thanks for your sharing my happiness that 2 things went home with others to be used.

      Delete
  8. I think I read somewhere about a festival coming up in October in your city. I could be wrong about that. The past couple of weeks have been exhausting. I sonetimes think that the hospitilazation of a family member is harder on the family than the patient. My cousin has been discharged with instructions to change her lifestyle. She is staying with her husband and I hope she will pay attentin to what they told her to do and not do. Time will tell. If there is a festival there we plan to visit your city and wuld love to meet up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let's get together if you come to Asheville for an event. Black Mountain has a big music festival in the fall...LEAF is the name. Asheville will have the Southern Highlands Craft show on another weekend (I think). I'm not into the LEAF festival these days. But the Crafts show is really neat. Whichever you want to come do, I'm definitely interested in meeting in person for lunch or whatever you can squeeze in!

      Delete
  9. My favourite thing to do is to eat on a patio. Our season is so short.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.