Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

At the Doctor's office, plus details of the nervous system

  

Many old chairs, hooked together, but providing lots of space in the waiting room. A wonderful mural on the far wall is always nice to gaze at.

I was there to check on progress 2 weeks after arriving with bad cough. Though I had taken antibiotics, they didn't affect the cough, just were there to prevent pneumonia, apparently. The cough gradually improved by my doing all the preventative things I had, lots of nebulizing, shaking with a vest on, and taking mucous thinning things. And rest.

So I saw my new nurse practitioner. I like her. She seems down to earth, and has a sense of humor.

This was a new to me exam room, with a faux window painted on the wall. By the same artist who did the painting in the waiting room. She did an excellent job of matching the real woodwork near the ceiling.


I don't know why I didn't determine the artist's name.



I hope to not visit her again for a while!

-------------------------------



For those who like scientific things...I'm sharing something I found fascinating. Our nervous system!



Though these images are somewhat disturbing, since we're used to seeing a skeleton of bones to represent our bodies...I find them very intriguing.

------------------------------





Today's quote:

There must be always remaining in every life, some place for the singing of angels, some place for that which in itself is breathlessly beautiful.

HOWARD THURMAN


23 comments:

  1. The style of painting is often called Trompe l'Oeil...meaning to deceive the eye..if you can't have a real window in that wall, a painting like that on it is a brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this waiting room is sterile like most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/08/a-peek-behind-scenes.html this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. GZ - I love Trompe lOeil paintings!
      Tom, it does invite people to sit farther away, and to think everything has been sprayed and wiped with alcohol. (Not sure of the wood however.)
      NC Sue - glad to be part of your meme.
      Heidrun - glad you liked the art. The building is rather old, and these touches were added by the previous doctor, a woman who took a vacation with her husband and they both committed suicide. We all wonder if she had an incurable disease.

      Delete
  5. Hi Barbara, Your doctor's office is quite attractive compared to ours. Has to put patients in a better frame of mind as they wait for their appointment. I'd never seen a skeletal depiction of the nervous system...very interesting and a little weird. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the exposed nervous system. What a lot of fussy work we are- the Hunterian museum in London is my favorite. I would go back to London just for that reason.
    Good to know that your coughing is becoming less of an issue. though it is still a problem...at least it is NOT pneumonia.
    Your doctor's office looks well worn in a comfortable way. At home vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, disturbing and intriguing are good adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David - thanks, it is a bit old, and fits with the name of the practice. Family Home Care.
      Linda Sue- Today I'm dealing with a sudden fever, and breathing difficulties. Never know what's gong to happen with Bronchiectasis. At least the fever responds to Tylenol, but it just suddenly came upon me with chills. Yes there is a comfortable feel to the doctor's office. Is the Hunterian Museum one with medical displays?
      AC - science often hits me that way, disturbing and intriguing1

      Delete
    2. The Hunterian is the Surgeons museum, best scientific /medical displays and information on the planet, It is beautiful!!! Please get well- all the way!!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful murals indeed and very interesting about how we look without our "suit".
    Hope you are 100% fit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The art is beautiful and must make patients feel calmer when they are there waiting to see a doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris- As mentioned in a previous comment, Tues at noon I suddenly had a fever and chills. Tylenol brought it down, and I ate some lunch. But back to bed with me soon. I enjoyed a Chinese touring scientific exhibit of human bodies that had been injected with some kind of latex or something after death...it was amazing.

      Bill- yes, I think patients would feel more relaxed with the art. As mentioned above, I'm dealing with the intermittent fever today. Not related to anything that Dr. has been able to diagnose yet. I just curtail all activities, take Tylenol, and will feel better in a day or so.

      Delete
  10. That nervous system is wild. Explains why my knees cramp up when needles are put in my arm! Ha! Hope you are better by now! #MCoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a hoot, a connection between knees and arm!

      Delete
  11. It's Tuesday evening, and I had the intermittent fever at noon, which put me in bed. But I just stayed there and never fell asleep. I just had a piece of toast and a protein chocolate shake. So little energy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice decor at the dr.'s office. And I love the representation of the nervous system. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it isn't one thing it's another. I just want a transplant for this whole body! I am on my way to bed, and it's not even dark yet. I saw Harris and Walz in Pennsylvania, and gasped when he made the yoga salutation of Namaste, sort of bowing with hands in prayer position. I think he might want to dial that back for the union guys.

      Delete
  13. The artwork is fantastic and likely helps patients feel more at ease while waiting for their appointment.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've lots of NPs in Ontario. They are wonderful.
    The painting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The exposed nervous system is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.