Update about blogCa

Monday, July 31, 2023

A grandmother's pride

 My granddaughter who lives in Columbus OH is a student in that university as well, going into her senior year in Early Childhood Education.

This spring she and 3 other young women traveled abroad for 10 days. They had some family friends in 2 places, so they started in Ireland, then went to Italy where my neice (astranged from me) lives, and then Nice France before coming home.

I finally got some of the photos that she took, my granddaughter! I think I'll share the ones without her in them...lots of scenery! I'll keep the ones of her pretty smile in my family album.



The three above are from their Ireland visit.

The next two are from Positano Italy.



Then they went to Florence.







And then to Nice France...





I've only been to Portugal in Europe, so it's wonderful to tease my granddaughter that she's now my internationally traveling grand!

Next I'll start posting some Black Mountain NC pictures...like the auto show last Sat.

Yes, I will share photos soon of Ohio family's vacation I didn't know about until I called my son as they were about to fly home (waiting in the Atlanta Airport) from the Turks and Caicos Islands. Same family! So wonderful they all enjoyed that trip together! I actually called my son on Thurs. because a fellow blogger told me it was Creme Broulee day...and my son loves it! He didn't know about that!

Today's quote:

Try not to take everything personally, things that people say and do don't always have anything to do with you.

11 comments:

  1. Quite the international jet-setter! Lovely scenes from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am sure you are proud of your granddaughter, It is a great experience to travel the world. The Ireland, Italy and France photos are lovely. I have been thinking about Turks and Caicos, hubby can snorkel. Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting the photos from there next...Turks and Caicos. They said they enjoyed snorkling. And they do love a beach. Most of those pics are of the family!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was, for young women who have worked hard in academics to go find out how people in other countries live.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that your grand-daughter took such a great journey to Europe. I love the beautiful photos that she shared with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful places! And your header is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started to say they are very nice pictures, saying that Nice is nice sounds silly. Not to be confused with niece is nice, when, in fact, I don’t know whether she is! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, since she's my granddaughter I didn't get caught in that one! I have other grands who have traveled, but didn't share photos, so I can't say much about their travels.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.