Update about blogCa

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

A wee bit of gambling

 So for the first time ever, I bought 6 lottery tickets on Tuesday...for the billion dollar jackpot, and hopefully some smaller ones that will help me break even.

I don't usually stay up until the drawing at 11 pm. So I've set an alarm for 10:50. In case I fall asleep.

I'm enjoying streaming a series that I just found out about - Dark Wind. Which is an adaptation of the Tony Hillerman mysteries of the Navaho police and all their various murders, rituals, supersitions, and attempts to be scientifically valid as well!  I'm on season one still, and still have season two which has just come available. I'm watching through You Tube TV. It also provides me with live TV channels of my local stations, including the one which pulls the numbers for the lottery.

The question is, will I tell you if I win? 

Probably not. I've heard lots of stories where anonymous old folks are inundated by many nefarious attempts to steal their winnings. Of course that doesn't mean any of you. You're not nefarious are you?


9 comments:

  1. ...if you win, go to a lawyer and an accountant before you say a word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, I purchased my first lotto tickets of the year last week although we don't have a lottery of that magnitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, Tom, AC, and Robin...I didn't win anything. So it goes. And it will be several years before I do anything so rash. I could have had a nice dinner out with a friend for that cost. So I'm meeting a friend at the Japanese Sushi restaurant for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, I'm late in reading this post about your potential windfall and while you didn't win, at least you tried, which is more than I did. Glad you are still going out for lunch with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather fun thinking what I might do with all that money if I should win. Cool fantasies, but my friend brought me down to earth. Fly with friends to Italy for lunch? Oh I don't really have to fly anywhere to enjoy friendly convesations and good food.

      Delete
  5. Hi Barbara, We always imagine what we'd do with a big pile of money. Fun to dream... Every time one of the lotteries goes over a couple hundred million, my wife's brother in law and I both buy a ticket...with an agreement that if one of the tickets wins, we'll split the take home amount. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.