Update about blogCa

Thursday, August 31, 2023

A good summer (any) time read

 


I've read several others of her books, and usually finish them rather fast. They flow along with amazingly strange characters that you tend to believe as normal. This book is no exception to that, but was a bit longer. Each chapter (if you would term them that) is about 2-4 pages long. And has a slightly different focus on a situation, usually looking at another of the characters involved in what's happening.  

And then there are divisions based on the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. A lot changes in a small town, or even the governorship of Missouri, in those decades.

I hope you get a chance to sit back and read a couple of chapters a day, like I did. It took a month, and was full of chuckles and an occassional laugh out loud.


Today's quote:

I daresay anything can be made holy by being sincerely worshipped. -Iris Murdoch, writer (1919-1999) 

6 comments:

  1. ...reading just isn't my thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, you blog...a lot. Thanks for all you do in this medium!

      Delete
  2. I wish I still had an attention span that would let me read a novel. I would love to read this book and so many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few pages at a time, is how I read it. But you know yourself. There's enjoyment in reading just one little segment, I found.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.