Update about blogCa

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

My education

 And here's the best book I've read in like forever! I keep taking notes, underlining things, highlighting things! Dr. McDuff teaches at a nearby college, Warren Wilson College in Black Mountain NC

Love Your Mother, by Mallory McDuff (a professor at Warren Wilson College). Broadleaf Books, 2023.

This book encompasses a lot of people and a lot of ideas currently being worked on in the USA. It is a compilation of 50 women’s stories who are active in climate change actions. They live in all 50 states of the USA. There is emphasis on BIPOC women. Their ages vary as much as their lifestyles. Each woman is given just a vignette of 3 pages, and that’s enough for me to have many links to go further to learn more about them or their movements. I will look at books, TED talks, and the actions of different organizations. These are scientists, teachers, students, investors, authors, and many mothers, wives, partners and daughters. I enjoyed that Dr. McDuff closes her book with, “Looking Forward” toward a hopeful future dealing with climate change. There’s an extensive bibliography as well as resources for each of the biographies. 








I have friends waiting to read my copy, and I'm happy to share it!

AND...

 ​I enjoyed hearing this talk by a climate scientist.

"Here is a public talk given on 29th of June 2023 by Canadian climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe at ETH Zurich."

It isn't a youTube video, so the only way I can share it is for you to go to the blog and see the original posting on Interim Arrangements...dated July 1.

Very interesting about moving from emotion of worry to taking action...through conversations!

Here's the link...


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think you may mean the link to see the talk by Dr. Hayhoe. The book is also good, but I doubt that many would be interested in it (besides us feminist ecologists).

      Delete
  2. Barbara, Looks like an interesting read with great intentions! Currently, I'm working my way through a book entitled "Humankind - A Hopeful History". The author, Rutger Bregman is an optimist for sure but having dealt with the seamy side of society for many years, I have my doubts about overall human 'goodness'...although there are plenty of good folks out there. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.