Update about blogCa

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

A better diagram of the Doughnut Economics model - or just different

 A friend from the Swannanoa Watershed Action Network posted this on Facebook a few days ago. I asked to share it (kind of.)

The Doughnut Economics model of our lives was first presented by Kate Raworth...and shared in a TED talk where she highlighted that the idea of progress progressing forever upward is absurd. So a regenerative model is easily circular.

Here's is one that I saw today...



And the flexibility of this model is that you can put which-ever important values belong on the inner. human level, and the environment and sustainable economic development on the outer level.

Here's another model with other elements.


This one focuses only on an ecological ceiling, but includes housing on the social foundation.

OK I admit that for the last 6 months, this model has been the carrot on the end of a stick in my life. I have recently shared with you some people that took 3 years to accomplish putting their community into this model, to see what would happen. See my post about Birmingham UK.

This is what I want most to learn about. The Swannanoa Watershed group has a workshop guideline that is in the process of editing. It's amazinly detailed.

1 comment:

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.