Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Chinese Spy Balloon over Black Mountain NC

 

Yesterday morning several friends on Facebook posted their own photos of the balloon flying right overhead. I didn't see it myself, but I figure different photos made it real.

Facebook didn't like it, and took down one of my friend's sharing of some of those photos. She still wonders where her post went.

But WLOS, our local TV station affiliated with ABC seemed to find enough to substantiate that it really happened, and posted on it's app. Then as soon as the balloon went over the Atlantic, the Air Force finally got to shoot it down.









Thanks to The Far Side.

This event is so basically silly to me, and maybe to some news broadcasts as well. I'm listening to a book which I've already read, which makes this particularly poignant. The book is "Compassionate Civilization" by Robertson Work. It has just become available as an audio book. The reader is quite melodious in her reading, though at times I don't keep track of things. But I think that's my being less a listener and more visual in my learning abilities.

Anyway, a Compassionate Civilization would mean that people wouldn't have the anxiety that was expressed in our media when another country was looking down at us through a weather balloon. I hear "we are all brothers and sisters, we depend upon each other," and I believe this is needed. I'm not sure I believe it's possible though. So reading Robertson's writings helps me move in that direction.

Here's the link to the audio book.


9 comments:

  1. ...all of this is above my pay grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you or Vicki saw the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not myself, just several friends. I don't know about Vicki.

      Delete
  3. It certainly is a weird happening. At least, no one got hurt when it fell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, and just look at all the "fall out" from it!

      Delete
  5. What a bizarre event this has been.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.