Update about blogCa

Monday, February 13, 2023

Sustainability Queen, Miss Universe

 
Miss Universe Is a Sustainability Queen





Cape swimsuit coverup by R. Gabriel...Getty Image by Josh Brashed

R'Bonney Gabriel from Houston, Texas. Crowned Miss Universe 2023 in New Orleans, Louisiana.

 Gabriel is making headlines for a variety of reasons: She's the first American to win Miss Universe in 10 years, the first Filipino-American to ever win Miss Universe, and the first contestant to craft an upcycled swimsuit cape from scratch.

"When you think of a phoenix, they rise from ashes and come back stronger," she explains. "With social media, visuals are big these days, so I wanted people to see the process from beginning to end. All the materials I used were secondhand. I studied fibers in college so I learned to work with fabrics and manipulate them."

                    Getty Image by Josh Brashed

"I would love for everyone to follow along on my journey, I love to put content out there and use my voice on this platform for sustainability," she says.

Her advice for those just beginning their sustainability journey? "Get on YouTube! Watch bloggers, watch documentaries, keep trying to reduce reliance on single-use plastic," Gabriel enthuses. "The knowledge is at our fingertips."


SOURCE: Treehugger Newsletter, Published Feb 8 2023
By Lindsey Reynolds



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Different businesses, and in this case I hope, non-profits will have her come as guest appearance when they do something related to sustainability! I hope so anyway.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully, she will have an influence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...a beautiful woman with a cause has worked many times before...to get attention.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I hope she can help make a change. Happy Valentine's Day, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.