Update about blogCa

Monday, November 9, 2020

Guess where I walked on Thurs!

 



The water's down again, and the area around the bridge seems to have been improved quite a bit.

The driver of the shovel machine had just parked, and walked over to talk with the rest of the crew.



The lake-side of the bridge shows some machinery has been at work here.


A lot has been done to the stream which feeds the lake...but apparently more is being considered by these 4 construction crew members.


One young man was busy continuing to throw these smaller size rocks into a place right under the bridge...and there's my phone and myself shadowed! Each of these rocks probably weighs 8-10 pounds. I'm glad I'm not throwing them!


I sure don't know what they're planning next. So I'll come back soon and take more photos when the crew is not working!




The mallards are happily tails-up where water is providing whatever they eat.

A large area of dirt has piled up in the lake...all evidence of the gravel of the path and the mountain just running down the hill with rain water.




More ducks were hanging out, while I walked toward the dam...the crack in the walkway hasn't been repaired yet since the last rain.


As I walked across the dam, I could see the valve was open to let more water go down.

Here's a better shot of the valve control mechanism...it's a metal turning wheel at the top...working some kind of screw valve below in a pipe. I've never seen it, but I'm guessing that's what it is.


12 comments:

  1. That really is quite a project. Sure is a pretty place to spend the day outdoors working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My patience is kind of thin while the weather is wet and dreary. I'm staying inside with a cough keeping me home.

      Delete
  2. The ducks don't seem to be bothered by the activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the only thing that ducks are bother by, usually, are dogs who chase them if they get out of the water.

      Delete
  3. Whatever they're doing, it looks like a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy the sky views. hope u r well. thank you kindly for your comments lately. so kind. nice to meet ya. enjoying the breeze. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ducks will probably prefer things being done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably too late in the season of migrating Canada Geese to see them. We shall see.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.