Update about blogCa

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

More Thurs. construction work

 


Another construction crew was working (or maybe on a break at that picnic table) on the playground at Lake Tomahawk.


I'd read that the town has decided to upgrade the playground so there's a rubber surface for the kids to play on, and it's due to have something to make it more accessible to kids with disabilities. This particular climbing area is certainly not for the disabled kids. I hope they keep the big sand box that shows in the foreground.



I met a good friend who was on her second trip around the lake...and I quit after one go-round, which is 0.55 miles. I hope one day soon to do the second lap. I'll let you know!

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The playground will be nice when all the work is done. I am sure it is best to walk as much as you are comfortable with. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of work to build a playground. Looks like it's going to be a great place for kids to play. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual playground was already there...the new surface is being added (whenever the rainy days are over)...and something for disabled kids may be added.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for cheering me on. These last days of rehab for pulmonary are kind of hard for some reason...a big coughing problem has come along with the damp weather.

      Delete
  4. Any amount of walking is a great amount. I have become quite fond of the activity in my retirement. When I was working it took too long, and I would have to walk in the dark. Now I have lots of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, using all the daylight hours for a job does mean recreation tends to be pushed to the back burner. I'm glad you are retired and can choose some walking now.

      Delete
  5. Kids will enjoy the playground when it's done. Great job with all the walking, good exercise and endless opporunties to take photos to share with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I like that you're giving some views of your area while out on walks.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. The news article I read said it was just a 2 week job to upgrade the existing playground. I'll be going back to check when the weather dries up again...whenever!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.