Update about blog

Dawn 7:01 Mountain Time Aug 15, 2026. Marking the sun coming over the mountains behind my apartment on the smoke stack of the Powerhouse.

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Living the life







My friend's husband just had knee replacement surgery, and Molly, their dog is helping him recover.



I enjoyed watching Sally Field and others in "Remarkably Bright Creatures" the other night. Which reminded me of the following trip to the Georgia Aquarium.







These children are all grown up, with the littlest a sophomore in college this year. And one of my sons in this picture has divorced from the wife he's with and remarried in 2019. Definitely a portrait of the family from the past.

Myself (left to right,) son Russ holding his littlest, Kate, while his other 2 daughters (Caroline and Audrey) are front row center and right. Oldest son, Marty with dark hair and beard, and his (then) wife with his son, William on far right. Their daughter, Cayenne, is holding Kate's hand over next to me.

OK, a family update...

Missing are my other son, Tai and his wife Kendra; Russ' wife, Michelle; Marty's current wife, Barbara; Marty's oldest son, Michael and his wife Amanda. Of course some of these people weren't part of the family yet in 2008, but I'm updating all of them as of 2026.

Tai
Kendra on r.


Michelle

Barbara

Michael and Amanda



Russ in his 20s in college.

While I'm mentioning family, I send happy birthday wishes to my son Russ, who turns 59 today! He doesn't read blogs (of course, he's busy with other things!) so I'll call him!

Here's a post wishing him a happy birthday, including earlier photos taken when the whole family got together for my 80th.

While unpacking, I found this pin from when Russ played soccer for Temple Terrace (FL) including a couple of soccer exchanges with families in England.

 My Sepia Saturday contribution for this week: No bar games photographs - just family, friends, sharks, pithy sayings and a dog!








9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks John...I enjoy our brief conversations with the blogs as subjects.

      Delete
  2. "Remarkably Bright Creatures" looks wonderful! I am going to watch it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a woman of a certain age, I was particularly interested in seeing how Sally did in this role. Lets just say I wasn't disappointed.

      Delete
  3. ...living cl;ose to family is a blessing. I love the three dynamite women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the book but have not seen the movie. I'm not sure why.
    Beautiful family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to not be as interested in my family as I've become in the last couple of decades. I hope you see the movie, and I want to know how you compare it to the book!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful family and great photos!!! You may have seen I got a recent family photo with all 22 of my immediate family members (as of this moment in time). I would show a montage of the family growing but like you I have different wives and husbands sprinkled in, lol. I am hoping this is the final family, just so I don't ever have to organize 22 schedules for a photo again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!