Update about blog

The joy of waking to this view each morning is just so wonderful. Even if the camera sees all the distortions from the window screen, I easily ignore them. Many of these green trees stand near or by the Animas River which flows through the town.

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Peace to be considered











Feeling very grateful to have this life that I have today.

I've been focusing on home upkeep for the last day or so. Lots of chores that I have yet to get into a routine for...so I dusted/washed all the counters and appliances after doing dishes. The hot water hasn't been hot enough for me to feel I could get the dishes clean until today. (more will be coming about this situation - on the new Durango blog!)





I may have mentioned watching the movie "All the Light We Cannot See" the other day. The shots above are from Saint Malo, France, where the movie took place...the real ruins following WW II. I copied them from the epilogue of shots because it brought home the reality of what those people faced in France's occupation by the Nazis. Our autocratic political situations these days make me very aware of how close we are to this stupid kind of violence.  Ask the survivors in Gaza, The Ukraine, and Lebanon, and now Iran. 

The movie followed the book very well, and it had excellent acting. I give it 5 stars. But it's sobering, and somewhat scary, so the way Netflix has it with commercials interjected whenever a climax is about to happen, sort of brings one back to reality. Plus it's in 3 parts in the first place. 

The book was outstanding, and the movie is also.

Now may there be an end to wars. So mote it be.
----------

I'm starting a new blog today, Life in Durango. You all have been such a supportive community as I've made this big move from North Carolina to Colorado. I hope you don't mind that I'm going to focus the adventures of my new environment over there, while keeping some of the same fun things going here. after all When I was 69 was 15 years ago now. That's a lifetime to the kids to whom my son teaches art in high school!

-------------

I'm celebrating my 84th birth anniversary by going out to dinner with Tai and Kendra, here in Durango. So it will be included in the new blog! 

------

When I Was 69 will have my political/environmental/women's issues and personal interests more, while hopefully finding something to share on some of my favorite memes weekly...Tuesday's Treasures, Wordless Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, Sepia Saturday (sometimes on Friday), and Saturday's Critters.

Inner Workings will continue to have my deep ponderings (when they strike)

The other blogs are kind of on hiatus at this time...waiting for me to do more ancestry work, or share important people or events.  














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!