Happy August to all! It's the birth month of 2 daughters-in-law, my second son, and his mother-in-law, and myself. Four Leos/one Virgo! Wheee!
Happy Lammas to those who celebrate first harvest!
Standing in my son's living room in southwest Colorado, I saw an unusual group of deer grazing on the wildflowers and enjoying the shade. (It was close to 100 degrees)
I thought it strange to have an older stag, a younger stag, and a doe walking along together.
Our dog was barking behind the glass, and the deer looked directly a the window for a bit, but then just did their thing.
Sharing with Saturday's Critters!
----------------
Here in my new state of Colorado, I'm finding adjustment to three things...only one of which I tried to prepare for. Namely the thinner oxygen at elevation over a mile high. So I am tube fed a bit of 02 constantly.
What I didn't expect was the time difference...two hours behind all the people I connect with in EDT on the east side of the US.
And the biggie of the sun's brightness. A mile closer to the sun, thinner air...and it's glaringly brighter. Sunglasses and hat required outside...and just sitting at the computer, I've changed the brightness setting higher, in hopes I am able to see things on it compared to the glaring sunlight coming in the window.
Mornings I try to have windows open, even at night if I wake after it cools around midnight. But by 2 pm it's in the 90s outside my west facing windows, so we close them up as well as the vertical blinds. But the light seeps in at the edges, and bothers me. Will I devise some kind of shading, or just get used to it's glare?
The life of Barb in Durango continues

Happy 🎂 to you, Barbara, and everyone else in your family and hope you all enjoy the celebration 🎉. Getting used to a new location does take time and you are certainly having your share or adjustments. I hope the breathing will improve in time if your body gets used to the altitude and yikes on those temps! What a nice gathering of wildlife.
ReplyDeleteThanks...a long month in which to celebrate!
DeleteThe altitude isn’t having much of an effect on the temperature. There are many variables.
ReplyDeleteTrue enough. So where oh where is your blog today?
DeleteThe deer photos are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am thinking you will adjust in time to all of the changes. It's just going to take some time and patience.
I'm constantly curbing my intentions to deal with the limitations of this almost 84 year old carrier of my personhood.
DeleteHello Barb
ReplyDeleteLove the scenic header. Great captures of the deer, they are so pretty.
I hope you will adjust to all things Colorado and you love your new home.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
To love something, one must first know it. This is a gradual process indeed.
DeleteThe excitement and discoveries of living in a new place!
ReplyDeleteI'm going quite slow, watching young folks walking dogs, pushing strollers, and biking down 2nd Ave, which goes toward the Animas River a block away.
DeleteI don't sleep well with any light, so I got a sleep mask that I put on when it starts getting light out sooner than I want.
ReplyDeleteI'm fine with light in the bedroom, and wake at first light outside usually. I'm not happy with full sunlight seeping around the blinds though. I was surprised last night to notice there's enough light from the town that I can't see many stars, just the evening star and maybe a couple more northerly ones. I know people who wear sleep masks. I'm already in a C-Pap mask, so sure don't want more across my face!
DeleteOh, I love that part of the country and hope to travel there again sometime. You should probably try to find some solutions to ease you into it. The higher elevation bothers me more now that I am older. But it's such a gorgeous place and I know you'll love it there! Take care and go easy on yourself! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteGoing into August is a month of power for us Leos/Virgos...so my slow turtle approach of moving slowly in any direction should help - if I can remember to stay slow and steady!
DeleteBeautiful pictures of the deer! You have a lot to adjust to, but with your positive attitude, I expect you'll do well.
ReplyDeleteI saw another deer this morning...will post her photos tomorrow~ Thanks for encouragement!
Delete...I hope that your adjustment goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteIt is what it is.
DeleteAll is well. Thanks for asking. I started a post but canned it. Like the Terminator, I'll be back.
ReplyDeleteGood to know. When there’s a break in a pattern, I sometimes notice it. Your daily post, in this case! Glad it was just a matter of editorial license.
DeleteLong time reader here, First time to comment. Adult daughter and I rode that train in the fall of '95. We were in an open-air car. Heavy coats, hats and gloves. And still were freezing! As we were going up, the first snow of the season started. Heavy snow! People in homes along the way waved at us. Such a beautiful ride. Vivid memories still of the sounds and smells of the coal and steam. Of course we stocked up on colorful sweatshirts in Silverton; wore them for years. What a great place for you to live! (I , unfortunately, live in TX.)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see the Deer, but not so much the temperatures that you're enduring. I hope you settle into your new surroundings.
ReplyDelete