Update about blogCa

The heights around Durango Colorado await my arrival soon!

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Some photos of a hike by others

 Thanks for posting these,  (on Facebook) from Kentucky!

Jennifer Rice Sullivan - Indian Staircase (in Red River Gorge)


Jennifer Rice Sullivan- Indian Arch

Jennifer Rice Sullivan Adena Arch

Jennifer Rice Sullivan people on Indian Staircase, Red river Gorge KY

I recently watched (for the 10th time at least) The Last of the Mohicans. It was filmed around Chimney Rock NC (now a state park)...and many of the scenes of the mountains are familiar to me...though I never climbed around on the rocks!







The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members, a heart of grace, and a soul generated by love.

CORETTA SCOTT KING

------------------------
Serendipity is the word for the day. Or at least it was yesterday! Unexpected wonderful things happening (my definition.)

The pulmonology visit was scheduled for 10 am...and I arrived early as requested, only to find no doctor. He had a family emergency. Do I want to reschedule? 

I did not become hysterical. I did not even laugh out loud. I looked at the receptionist who already was having computer problems on a day which had just turned challenging for her, and said no, I would be out of state starting tomorrow. The dear gal asked what time I was leaving and tried to get me to see a PA early in the day. I thought just a short moment, then said, no I'm ok. I'll get an appointment where I'm going on the 30th with a new pulmonologist. I had waited 4 months for this appointment, and pretty much knew what to do to keep breathing...and have started using oxygen more often (like while I was standing there!) I just wished I had had a chance to say goodbye to my long standing provider...not sure but perhaps the whole 19 years I've lived here in NC.

So what then? Well, I was carrying a wad of cash (from frequent ATM visits) that I wanted to take to the bank in Black Mountain to change into larger bills, less wad! But here I was in Asheville near my credit union. Ah ha, she thought, I could just go by and deposit the cash to that account, then use that debit card as necessary on the road.

Which she did. Well, I did. Don't know why I became royal wee there. Need more Americano coffee!

Serendipity!
---------------
OK It's 6:30 am, as I just added that note. Time to move things around again to be more portable, and almost emptying the apartment. Let's start with the refrigerator!



The schedule for today is as follows:
Clean out refrigerator...give away as many condiments as possible, toss the rest!

Give away plants and planters 

Finish packing everything except my clothes/necessities for a 4 day trip. Plan food for tomorrow to be loaded in cooler before leaving.

Pick up my son Tai from airport early afternoon.

Go pick up truck and car-dolly at UHaul.

Come home and see where vehicles can be parked in the hilly parking lot.

Sometime in there eat lunch and dinner.  Tai will probably go visit his old college friends who live here and stay the night there...and they will come tomorrow to help load the truck.

My last evening entertainment will be listening to a story on iPad. Or just sleeping!!

—-————

Whatever music you beat on your drum there is somebody who can dance to it.

CHINUA ACHEBE









4 comments:

  1. Oh, it is about to happen. Too bad about the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy trails to you on this new adventure. Sounds exciting and a little scary at the same time. 💙💛💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you have a lot on your plateI Unexpected wonderful things happening and remember that life never unfolds as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's come so quickly, Barbara. I'll be thinking of you as you and Tai travel cross country to your new home.
    I've copied your flag poster to put on my sidebar. It's great!
    Take care, friend. Look forward to scenes from your new abode. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!