Wordsmith gives this word today…rather appropriate
auspicate
MEANING:
verb tr.: To begin an undertaking, especially with a ceremony intended to bring good luck.
A recently renovated home in downtown Black Mountain. the brick driveway gives you a clue as to the luxury it will have.
While next door is a new home built on a steep slope, which isn't evident until you drive to the other side of it..t.
Courage has nothing to do with our determination to be great. It has to do with what we decide in that moment when we are called upon to be more. |
RITA DOVE Before and after - Habitat sent a young woman, Elizabeth, and a young man, Rick. They carted both these dressers, a bookcase and an antique oak dining room table out to their truck. They don’t take beds just the frames. So it will be sent to dump via city pick up. |




The big move gets closer and closer bt I forget when exactly.
ReplyDeleteSingle men at breakfast. I have a single man friend, and he wouldn’t, and I don’t think I would either. I think I be okay with a coffee as a single guy or maybe even a quick burger, but not an actual lonely meal I think or don’t think.
Just a couple of days more! I'll let you know when. I seldom want to eat at a restaurant alone, unless there's a great view, and I'm desperately hungry for what they have.
Delete...on one hand I'm going to miss seeing the sights around Black Mountain, but on the other I look forward to see your new digs!
ReplyDeleteCome with me on a magical mystery tour...sans the music of course. Perhaps you'll provide your own!
DeleteYou're getting there, woman!
ReplyDeleteOne room looks bare...but oh the mess of boxes in the living/dining room! I so enjoyed meeting you in person the other day. I hope you're having a great vacation here in the mountains of NC!
DeleteGood to be able to pass on the furniture you don't need to Habitat which will be able to give it to someone who does need it.
ReplyDeleteWell, the donated furniture is all sold at the rehab store, rather than given to those in need. Maybe the profit goes to help build homes. I hope to find some place like that to replace the pieces I need. But bed will probably have to be a new purchase...since with bed-bug outbreaks years ago they've stopped passing along used mattresses.
DeleteCloser and closer! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteThanks...much work still to do! But now am taking a 30 minute breather, so checking on blogs!
DeleteA year-round Christmas breakfast joint has to be the coziest place on earth, plus getting treated to a hearty meal is the perfect payback for helping out a friend. Those Black Mountain houses have such cool architectural contrasts, but the real satisfaction is seeing all that heavy furniture cleared out by the Habitat crew. Having a cluttered shelf completely gone must feel like a massive weight lifted off your shoulders. Rita Dove definitely hit the nail on the head with that quote on courage too. What is your go-to order whenever you visit that festive spot?
ReplyDeleteThe cluttered shelf will be dismantled, after I pack everything on it. I haven't ever eaten at that restaurant before. This tiny apartment was just right, as well as the furniture, which was from thrift stores. I just cycle in and out of ownership.
DeleteMoving day is getting closer, you must be excited and a little sad too. What day are you leaving?
ReplyDeleteTwo more days...except rain is expected, so we may try to work earlier to load as soon as we get the truck, before the rain comes. Everything I own is in cardboard boxes! Ha ha...what a mess that would be if they all melt away!
DeleteDecorated for Christmas all year long! Someone obviously loves Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting excited along with you. Also a bit apprehensive! I'm very glad your son is in on this new adventure.
ReplyDeleteOnward! You are doing great!
ReplyDelete