Remember (if you've read my blog in the last month or so) my attempt to go to higher elevations to start acclimating myself to my move to Colorado?
Well, I've moved. And for the last 3 days I've been breathing air over a mile in elevation...and using lots of oxygen to help. It's not quite doing the job. I am tired, and very sluggish, and get out of breath doing the least little thing.
Cortez, where I'm currently sitting at my son's home, is elevation of 6,181 feet. The fact that it's 93 degrees out keeps me in the house.
Tomorrow morning we drive the rest of my stuff to Durango, which is at 6512 feet. I feel really bad that I can't help load and unload just the needs for each night. But this old body I'm living in is demanding breathing equipment.
Eventually we'll get the U-Haul unloaded (today when you read this) and take the truck back. And my son and his friend will drive back to Cortez and leave me in my new apartment with the hoard of boxes! And don't forget tupperware tubs!
But at the last minutes there was room for the little twin bed, which needs replacing, but provides me a place to put my pillow. And the old rocker wasn't quite ready for the trash heap. After all, there's a personal connection between us survivors from the 70s!
So you came for the travel pics, didn't you?
Saturday we left Santa Rosa, after a delightful breakfast. Then across New Mexico through Albuquerque.My first sighting of a train!
I get tired even at the idea of moving ;) 18 years last week since my last move and that was less than 1 mile in distance - but a lot of boxes! Will you be getting any help with unpacking??
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI hope you take care adjusting to the elevation. I would go slowly unpacking your boxes.
The scenic views are lovely, beautiful photos. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.