Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Sept. 20, 2024 10:45 am. Fog had finally started to burn off. New gazebo and Lakeview Senior Center at Lake Tomahawk, Black Mountain NC

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Another Monday morning

We're all tired of me being sick and tired.

So another beautiful June day says hello and I'm determined to be out in it just as much as possible.

Have a beautiful flower!


I had raging fever last night, and it wouldn't break with Tylenol (which usually knocks it down) but it kept going up. So a couple of ibuprofen were added to the mix, and many sweaty hours of sleep transpired.

I got up and needed desperately to shower! Even if I'm the only one smelling myself, there's no way those wet clothes were not reeking! OK, enough.

I have an appointment that canceled this morning...rescheduled to July.

I now have an appointment to recertify my status to live in a government subsidized apartment with lower rent. We are actually a "rural area" under the Dept. of Agriculture, so I hope nobody in DC thinks to cut our funding. It makes many things possible for this old lady, I'll tell you! I worked in many institutions that served the low income population in Florida. I felt really badly how their healthcare was minimally distributed. Sure hope I never need long term care it here.

I just saw this on Daily Om...along with 6 other healthy methods to avoid ill health. This is one I haven't tried yet:

If you feel ill health coming on, brew a wellness elixir. Simmer three sliced lemons, one teaspoon freshly grated ginger, one clove of freshly minced garlic, and one quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper in five cups of water until the lemons are soft and pale. Strain a portion into a mug and add honey by tablespoons until you can tolerate the taste. Drinking this potent mixture of antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal ingredients three times each day can slow your symptoms down and even prevent you from developing a full-blown illness.

-------------------

I'm always interested in alternative health care methods...though I do go first to medical care.

------------------------------

The good news today!



My youngest granddaughter's LaCrosse team won the State Championships, Division One! That's the state of Ohio.  Here her proud parents share her team's victory!

Today's quote:

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now." ~ Joan Baez


11 comments:

  1. I hope you're soon feeling better. That "wellness elixir" certainly sounds potent! I was invited to photograph a lacrosse game once and thought it was an amazing game - well done to your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, potent is the right word. Germs beware!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! Congrats to your granddaughter!
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...take care and be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I clicked off in edit and lost my comment. Doesn't matter. Just get well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes. I'm working on it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Barbara, I hope that you're feeling better... Being sick, especially with a fever, is just miserable. I hope that your housing situation doesn't become a problem. Worrying about something like that would make me sick...even without a virus. Congratulations to your granddaughter! I've never seen a lacrosse match even on TV. Neither of our grandsons are into athletics. The youngest one was into track in high school. My wife has a bunch of nieces and nephews that are top notch in: nephew in baseball (right now with a broken kneecap); niece in volleyball (hoping for a college scholarship); niece in softball (a catcher, also hoping for a scholarship), and; a 9 year old niece hockey player who is on a boys team. She is a killer on the ice...with her parents and grandparents...just got back from a tournament in Rhode Island (lives in St. Louis area). In high school sports were required and I fumbled through football, wrestling and track...never great at any of them. Feel better soon! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure hope you will be feeling better, Barbara, but that cure-all elixir sure sounded like a strange brew. If you happen to give it a try, please share the results. Congrats to your granddaughter and her teammates on their victory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your granddaughter and her team. I hope you are better by now.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.