Update about blogCa

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Still networking...

 I may be cutting back on most of the activities I take part in. But I'm the "projectionist" for a movie screening for the Climate Conversation group today.

I bring my laptop, and stream the movie from Vimeo into the PA setup, and then through their projector onto a large screen. The audio has to go through my headphones jack on the laptop.

We're expecting 10-20 people. Wow! 

The movie is "The Albatross" by Chris Jordan. Not the one about coming of age. It's about the birds.



Today's quote:

The sheep will spend its entire life fearing the wolf, only to be eaten by the shepherd... African Proverb

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Must remember to go slow. Did too much yesterday and by nightfall was having coughing fits. Exhausted!

      Delete
  2. ...I wouldn't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like that movie on the Albatross. Have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is terrifically beautiful, and touched my soul...but very sad.

      Delete
  4. Barbara I love the quote you shared! Winter is a goodtime to slow down a bit and rest, just like nature is resting. I've been busy these days preparing lots of fresh vegetables every day for dinner--work intensive at times but so delicious! We are trying to eat more of a Mediterranean diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to come home to some wonderful left overs, it made my mouth water while all I had to do was heat them up. That means being more creative tomorrow! Big pot luck after church takes care of one meal!

      Delete
  5. Good for you! I don’t think I have been a projectionist since the old days of slide shows.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.