Update about blogCa

Monday, January 15, 2024

What scares me most by the Extremist Christian Cult

 


Well, I do hope the right wing Republicans in Congress don't take this seriously. They are wieding a lot of power within the Republican party, such that no real governing business has been done in the last year of Republican majority...including the fiasco of the House leadership!

However, I am even more afraid of the cult members who are so looking forward to the Rapture, they are hoping climate change, or mass shootings or wars, or whatever will bring it about sooner rather than later!  Some of their church leaders are preaching the same message! The end of life on earth is their goal.

Wait wait, I'm putting on my tinfoil hat!

OK I just found another YouTube which I almost hesitate to include here...since it's published by a Turkish outfit, TRT World.





And here's an interesting look at how propaganda works...51 techniques, a video of about 11 minutes.
You are being hit by most of these. (warning, they do have an ad in the middle)




Today's quote:
The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.
-Steve Biko, anti-apartheid activist (1946-1977)





13 comments:

  1. ...for folks who believe in God, they have a lot of fears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conspiracy theories are so weird, can they get any stranger. Take care, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fascists are so echoed by the Trump campaign, that's also scary.

      Delete
  3. It's pretty scary stuff, what goes on in the Bible-thumping squad over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think it funny if you didn't live in a Red state, where gerrymandering will make my vote useless. So I write as much as I can.

      Delete
  4. They really are strange! I've taught a lot of Special Education students, and I don't think any of them would buy into this crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I'm so amazed when watching that Fascist video, how much it is the same as Trump's rallies.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. And yet these people have every confidence that they are law abiding, God-fearing, church going, citizens. I say they're nuts following a cult leader, or perhaps a Fascist as more and more people are labeling him.

      Delete
  6. Do people really believe that about satellites? Shaking my head at the utter stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if it's convenient (they get praise, they feel part of the group, they have nothing to lose by saying so) they will promote the most absurd things imaginable! That's why it's scary...there's no thinking involved.

      Delete
  7. Hi Barbara, My favorite bit on the news yesterday was the lady in Iowa who was going to vote for Trump because he's a believer in the bible and Christianity!!! What the Hell!? Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.