Update about blogCa

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Some Elders doing something about climate change

 Somehow I found some really interesting climate change links...

Here's one that I subscribed to...1001 Ways monthly newsletter with articles about climate.

I found it through this site Elders Climate Action which I found had the slowest pages to load onto my laptop. It could be they are really big, or my internet is really slow. But when they finally loaded, there were lots of links to look at.



There is no Elders Climate Action Chapter near me. That's OK. I am more interested in reading about things and sharing them here on my blog. But I just knew all the grey and white haired and bald people of my generation represented a lot of great thinking, and should be speaking up about climate change.

Don't you think?

Now I have to check out Elders Action Network. Is it just another AARP? I haven't been a member of that organization for years. This EAN group seems interested in current events, and having actions on the things of interest. More than just armchair reading materials, perhaps.

Of course the Unitarian Universalist Association has a lot of action that is happening on climate justice. I may plug into some of that soon too.



5 comments:

  1. ...and AARP is interested in selling you insurance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Tom. In Canada, the same group (CARP) simply lobbies for rich, old white folks!
      It has been a long, slow process to get people to believe in and understand Climate Change. Good work, Barb!

      Delete
  2. It is great too see people of all ages involved with climate change, more action. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I’ll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.