Update about blogCa

Saturday, September 23, 2023

More about the follow-up of Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

 "Adopt a Maui Family" is now a Facebook Group HERE

This is the kind of follow-up that a global compassionate civilization can engage in.

I wonder what I could give...things? Money sent through Venmo which I've never used. I could learn about it though, couldn't I?

Rather than just networking by showing photos to my blog and Facebook friends...maybe this is something I can do a bit more about.

If you don't have FB, it's easy to make a site...and then you have lots of things like, who to have friends with...etc. Yes the site will send ads. And there are those which you can "hide" and not see anymore. But the algorithm does pay attention to what you're interested in, and if it's Hawaii, then some more things about it might come along too.

Anyway, I just thought it was nice that a friend I met here in Black Mountain NC has posted about this link...and feel it's worth sharing so maybe someone else I know can consider joining the group...I did. I'm going to get posts now, but haven't committed to signing up to help yet. 






10 comments:

  1. It's probably easiest and safest to donate via the Red Cross or Unicef official sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right, though they have had their own difficulties with the organizations taking most of the money rather than the victims. Hopefully that is past.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah, the words of those who would guide me away from a FB posted site. Well, I trust my friend who shared it. But not everyone would. And FB is so full of BOTS these days pretending to be nice people!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I agree about donating safely with Red Cross. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice. I hear you (and others' voices of reason!)

      Delete
  4. ...I was pleased to read that the banyan is sprouting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good news...seeing new life coming from the ashes. A phoenix apparently!

      Delete
  5. Sadly, people have to be so careful these days. There are so many cons out there. I trust Red Cross, though. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, the established organizations are more trustworthy. But I do like seeing the posts on FB from families and couples...and I guess I'm still naive enough to think these are real people.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.