Update about blogCa

Thursday, December 16, 2021

A tea and dessert party

 


It doesn't take much for three good friends to share deserts and a cuppa tea. I have a great selection of herbal teas. Many of these sugary treats were vegan too!


Teresa and Helen are both bibliophiles...if that means they always have a couple they're reading, and plenty to recommend to each other. (Teresa on left, Helen on right!) They are both known to enjoy going to various used book stores (and I've joined each of them at times!)

Surprise ladies, I caught you both looking really good!

I love candid photos.

And I loved having people visit again. I do hope we were safe enough, taking masks off to eat and talk. It was such fun!!

Today's quote:

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. -Victor Hugo, novelist and dramatist (26 Feb 1802-1885


12 comments:

  1. Desserts were plentiful. Congrats on having an enjoyable tea party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad each of us took some left overs home too! Except tea. But there's plenty where that came from!

      Delete
  2. Lovely ladies. The treats and tea sound wonderful.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It was a very nice meeting. Now back to preparations for Christmas...

      Delete
  3. What a lovely photo of friends and some very yummy sugary sweet treats. Looks like a nice time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than tea and desserts. By the way check your spelling: desert or dessert? I don't think you were eating a sandy hot landscape. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch, Marcia...I've changed the spelling to double "s". But really, the pronunciation is completely backward, since a double letter would give the soft vowel sound where a single "s" would give the "e" preceding it a long vowel sound. At least that's my thinking, which has little grammatical knowledge these days.

      Delete
  5. The party had plenty of treats. It is fun to get together with friends. I like your candid photo of good people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry John, I deleted this, thinking I'd already published it...learning still how moderating comments works. So here's what you said...
    John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" has left a new comment on your post "A tea and dessert party":

    Thanks for showing us that; it brings happy memories of my mother and her friends gathering together in the afternoons. I usually got to be the waiter, though I could never come up with so many cakes - but there was always plenty of tea.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.