Update about blogCa

Friday, November 1, 2019

Vacation photos (no not all of them!) and Mesa Verde part 1

Finally time to see the best of my vacation photos...and yes, I took way too many! But this is my photo album for saving them...I can just search for the ones from each place on these blogs...ha ha.

Son is off to work, M-F at the Cortez High School.  He's a Gear Up Advisor...helping kids and their families so the kids will graduate and go on to college (a federally funded program!) He mentors the young people from their freshman year all through school, so will work with incoming freshmen each year for 5 years.  Since Cortez has many Native American kids, from several reservations nearby, he's dealing with some long-standing issues from that minority.

Zora and I will wait till he gets home...as well as when Kendra is finished with her work...which is sometimes at home.
Kendra's office at home!



 Entrance to Mesa Verde park headquarters/visitors center.

 A wonderful statue, but hard to photograph!



Our guide told us that we'd see most if we traveled on the route on the right.



 View from Visitor's Center parking lot.


 Our first overlook...


Before the end of the day, we stopped at a bar in Mancos and met a new relative!

Tomorrow I'll show a bit of the Chapin Museum and the views there.  We did go to the Mesa Top Loop (I think.)

6 comments:

  1. An interesting part of the world to be sure. I have always enjoyed my visits to the southwestern desert and have learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my second visit...and not being in the driver's seat made it much more enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. ...talk about rugged country those topographical maps tell it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pull out maps a few more times to keep me getting my bearings.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful area to explore. I've never been there so I'm really enjoying your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mesa Verde is a place I would love to see for myself someday.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.