Update about blogCa

Monday, November 4, 2019

Mesa Verde - Chapin Museum - history in dioramas

These are going to be photos of the dioramas in the museum. I've shared about the pottery over on my other blog, Alchemy of Clay. 

First a look at the people who are known to have lived in the New Mexico area 10,000 years ago (but not in Mesa Verde.)

I tried to keep these in order of eras of development, but had to avoid other tourists, so some may be out of order.







More information about these Pre-Mesa Verde peoples has been found in my blogs from Museum of the Canyon of the Ancients.



















12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I imagine the artists who made these dioramas enjoyed their task!

      Delete
  2. I love dioramas, they are so interesting to see. I've seen one on the civil war years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which battle, do you remember, of the Civil War? I am not as impressed about battles, especially when there are various movements displayed...it's easier to read about one side or the other. Anyway, I am drawn to the historic and archaeological displays (obviously!)

      Delete
  3. So interesting! I have never visited Mesa Verde, but I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I took photos of all the descriptions, rather than standing there reading them...it was great to read them later, after seeing the sites themselves!

      Delete
  4. How amazing and very interesting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan...the history of a place where a civilization lasted 700 years astonishes me. The US of A has just around 240 years under its belt.

      Delete
  5. Those dioramas seem to be very well done and are helpful indeed in understanding that period in history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my interest in sculpting, I should look into maybe helping make some sometime.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.