Update about blogCa

Sunday, May 26, 2019

The small environment I have charge of...

 There it is, the entrance to my apartment. We're not allowed to plant a thing in the ground (which is heavily poisoned and mulched and whacked with machines to look trim weekly).


 Saturday I sat in the shade and transplanted the Rosemary into a new planter.

And the Kalancho, both of which sit on both sides of walk at the base of my railing on steps!
 I'm even trying some seeds in the flat planter, some that are wildflowers, and some from last year's flowers...we'll be hopeful that something will come of this!

 Two kinds of vines are in this one, with a little (made by Fred) container of water for birds/bees etc.

 The Lavender is happy in it's new bowl that I made. Er, I made everything actually!


 I can't wait to snip some cilantro...oops, I should have put some in my omelet this morning!

 The coleus is growing well, and didn't need a new pot. Behind it is the orchid, which may be happy outside for the summer.

 Purple Oxalis (shamrock) is doing well in this corner.

My dear old gardenia bush got new soil, but not a new planter this year. It never shed all it's leaves this winter, so I don't know what's going on with it. I didn't make this planter!

Purple polka dot petunias are doing well, in a hanging planter...but attracting some interesting kind of wasps.  They are boring into the post holding up the roof.  Next week I'll put something into the holes. I don't want to have a visit with poisons sprayed everywhere if I ask the maintenance man to do something.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, and I love your pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robin...I have gone to our favorite green-house which had some good sales and now I've got another morning (tomorrow) to transplant some marigolds and geraniums, as well as a St. Johns Wort plant!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.