Update about blogCa

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Appreciation comes to mind

I suddenly (or gradually) became aware of my signs and symptoms that say "stop, do something different" when I was coughing continually yesterday afternoon.  I was only sitting at a desk, welcoming people to the museum...doing my docent thing.

But the cough kept coming along.  That's with me all the time, but when I feel tired at all, I've learned that signals me, the conscious me, that the body me is not doing well.

So I stopped my plans for the evening, and settled down at home.  And enjoyed quietness.  Though I missed what I had planned to make at the studio...but it can happen today. I kind of volunteer there on Thursday afternoons.  That means unlocking the door, and maybe hostessing if any guests come in.

This is the "Leaf Peeper Season."  People come from all over to hopefully see fall leaves.  And last weekend was a music concert weekend, and next weekend is an Art show weekend, so there were a LOT of people in town yesterday.  They came to the museum in droves! (Many from a conference center, but also a dozen teachers from a school who wanted to see what we had to offer to classes. Fortunately our director gave them a tour.)

And did I mention the traffic? You can guess this is a good time of year to use the back routes to get where you're going.

I do appreciate all the tourists...bless their hearts! They help us have an economy which doesn't depend (on;y) upon property taxes to keep the town running.

So I'm appreciating a good night's sleep.  And a toaster oven which is baking up some nice biscuits for my breakfast.  There will be sausage links from freezer to microwave, and oh that lovely hot coffee for me to sip on.  I type on a computer which one of my sons gifted to me, when he upgraded.  I have an apartment with heaters in the walls, as well as being upstairs from another one, so I receive the free gift of whatever heat rises from her rooms.

I loved putting all my dishes away that were sitting clean in the drainer this morning...I made most of them!  The kitchen was all tidy to start the day. I put away a slow cooker (a.k.a. crockpot) which was free in the laundry room one day (when a relative was packing up her mother's apartment when she moved out.)  The daughter said "she never used it."  That the temperature labels had been worn away and re-written with a permanent marker shows a bit of different facts, but it still works fine and I've 2 quarts of delicious soup from the other day's efforts.

I must appreciate the internet.  I frequently get to see posts on Facebook of my grandchildren (a big thank you to their mothers and fathers.)  Where I used to have a daily chat with a friend who died earlier in the year, now I read more blogs, make comments, take free courses, and watch reruns of movies and TV shows.)

Oh, it seems I've succumbed to the the "old lady" syndrome of going on and on.  Sorry about that.

I am so appreciative of all that my life is full of.  Guess I get a bit carried away.


1 comment:

  1. I love the things for which you are grateful. Good, simple life, lived well. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.