This week has moved toward the 25th anniversary of the attacks on the USA by terrorists.
Of course it can happen again, even with all the safeguards Homeland Security has put in place.
Of course with a mad man in the White House, he is asking for something extreme to happen.
But each day I wake up and am grateful for the life I have. Clean air.
Oh you don't know how important that is...just take a deep breath and think about how hard it might be if you coughed with each intake.
And clean water.
Gratitude list continues...
And homes. And food. And neighbors who look out for each other.
And friendships across the miles.
And the internet which connects us to each other quickly, effortlessly.
Phones. Cars. Planes.
OK, so much I am grateful for.
Boom, 9/11 happened.
Here's short documentary about the people who escaped Manhattan Island on 9/11 by water, narrated by Tom Hanks.
More people were transported by water that day than in the evacuation of Dunkirk.
-----------
And if it’s true we are alone, we are alone together, the way blades of grass are alone, but exist as a field. |
ROSEMERRY WAHTOLA TROMMER |
This was posted before the 9th of September, the evening of which when the ability to post photos stopped on Blogger. I have a few pre-posted blogs coming along, and do hope this feature is fixed soon. For those who post a photo daily, I am truly sorry to miss seeing them.
ReplyDeleteI am not going to watch the doc right now, but I had no idea.
ReplyDeleteI assume your pre-posts will work.
Thanks, I do have a few more already written and scheduled. But I usually spend a bit of time daily putting something together in draft form. Not happening till this is fixed however.
DeleteI happily did my last post before the blogspot photo problem occured. I hope it is all working well now. Sometimes technolgy keeps us on our toes. 9/11 will always be a sad day of remembrance.
ReplyDeleteIt’s after 5 PM here in Durango and I just was able to post a picture. Yay!
DeleteWhy aren't more people aware of this? I certainly wasn't. Unbelievable.
ReplyDeleteIt is one of the big news stories this year – along with releasing the information about the air Qualityfollowing 9/11!
DeleteI tried last night too but gave up around midnight. Crazy Blogger!
ReplyDeleteYes, grateful. I wonder if the rich take time to be grateful, or if it's just something the rest of us do?
Interesting thought...it's a bit hard to imagine what "the rich" do think about. We've been pigeon-holing them into pretty awful folks...sitting around pulling legs off spiders or something.
Delete