Update about blog

The San Juan Mountains near Durango, along Highway 160. Yes the pole is to help plows know where the pavement edge is when it snows. I won’t be driving up there then!

Monday, September 14, 2026

Miscellaneous Monday

 




Today's pottery sharing...by Robert Reedy!

-----------------------------

From Jess Craven:

Republicans’ “Trump-a-Palooza” was an utter flop, with empty seats, embarrassingly low ratings, the podium literally falling apart, and little enthusiasm from attendees.

An unknown protest group sent Epstein “messaging luggage” to the Dallas Ft. Worth airport’s baggage carousel just as Republican attendees were arriving for the convention. Bravo!


----------------------------------------


Gotta stay up to date...wait, nothing new in the last 32 years?

------------------------------


Yosemite’s brown-colored black bears eating acorns. by Drew Wharton, NPS

There are also black bears in Durango...attested to by frequent garbage cans turned over nearby. They don't have the familiar brown muzzles with dark black coats, like the ones in North Carolina. Not that I've seen any, just videos. 

-----------------------------


Another field of science that apparently has stagnated!

---------------------



There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept. -Ansel Adams, photographer (1902-1984)


9 comments:

  1. I don’t see many forests in your photos for bears to roam in, but I guess there are plenty in the highlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of hiking trails all over the place and probably some woods...and near Pagosa Springs there's another wildfire burning. The forest service guys say there's plenty of bear food in the mountains. I figure bears like "fast food" with plenty of sweets (remember Pooh Bear's Huney Pot?) in nice big bins just scattered about the towns.

      Delete
  2. Hello Barb,
    I love the bear image. Great quote about Live a life your love living.
    Have a great day and a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that black bears don't look quite the same. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, as they say!

      Delete
  3. ...does this mean that Trump is falling apart?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess we now know everything there is to know about Quantum Physics and Electromagnetism. And when I say "we" I do not mean me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these "reviews" from science just remind me how incredibly far we've come to have a keyboard and screen and be able to make sense of what each other says across the whole face of the earth! Grateful!

      Delete
  5. Brown bear with bows on their heads. Their ears are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments are working now!