Update about blog

The San Juan Mountains near Durango, along Highway 160. Yes the pole is to help plows know where the pavement edge is when it snows. I won’t be driving up there then!

Friday, September 11, 2026

On aging

 I've been enjoying Lloyd Kahn's substack writing for about a year now.

And he's definitely a character! A builder, archietct, publisher, adventurer, and good voice for many of the things I value...aging well for one. He's 91.

On his substack he said:

Holy cow!

I get a lot of requests to do videos, podcasts, interviews, etc. these days, And I turn most of them down. But I decided to do this one because Sierra Clarke, who does videos on older people, said she’d skateboard with me and also take a mud bath.

So I spent the day with Sierra, a film crew who flew in from Denver, and her assistant.

But I wasn’t prepared for this. Over 2 million views, 3000 comments, 40,000 ”likes…”


I hope you enjoy watching them...and fast forward through any parts that are boring to you...I did.

Incidentally his substack is called: 

Live From California with Lloyd Kahn

-----------------


-------------


At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.

JEAN HOUSTON

14 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Morning to you, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Today I am focusing on joy. I've got business dealings to take care of, but have been made aware by loved ones that I haven't been having much fun lately. True, much anxiety has taken over.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Love Lloyd and have been reading his blog (then substack) for years. He is top in my heros list of how to live. You're on that list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I am nowhere near living the way Lloyd does. I sure enjoyed hearing all about his travels, and he does say he has lots of friends. I tend to be an introvert, and my list of good friends can be counted on one hand!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Any of us who have survived to become elders...must know and do some good things for our continuations. Some of us just are more "out there" like Lloyd.

      Delete
  4. Hello Barb,
    I get update emails from Substack all the time. We all need to age well. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to know some of the different ways we elders have managed to live/age well. My hat's off to each of us, as well as the younger folks who are making wise choices.

      Delete
  5. ...sadly, no skate boards for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing, for many of us...to not invite falls! But I was definitely impressed with all his work-out gear and his always working on moving his body. A lesson I can learn easily enough....perhaps not the workout gear, but at least doing more movement!

      Delete
  6. I only viewed a minute or two so I don't know what his routine is but when people ask me about aging well I tell them don't stop moving and doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the moving is what his message was, at least to me. He's in remarkably good shape. Amazing guy.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing this. I need to get more into substack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep moving is my doctor's regular advice to me. Since blogger feed has stopped dead couple of days ago, I'm behind in finding and reading blogs. I'm hampered by being unable to remember the blog names!

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments are working now!